1) They have supreme confidence without supreme competence. Conservative talk show hosts, columnists,...
Because I believe in a viable two-party system. Right now, the Republicans defecate in their trousers for fear of the ueber-right-wing TEA Party/Evangelical element. Lincoln and Teddy Roosevelt have to be shaking their heads at the marginal positions on too many issues that the fringe mandates be the litmus test. Yes, I voted for the incumbent because I didn't want corporate elitists like the Koch Brothers imposing their neo-Gilded Age view upon the rest of us. A viable Republican Party is necessary to keep the Democrats honest and pull them back from their left-wing fringe.
Just as moderates are completely unrepresented in a Democratic Party that's dominated by liberals, movement conservatives often don't feel represented by the Republican Party. At first glance, this seems rather odd since most Republicans in Congress are conservative. However, it's a natural reaction to the Republican establishment that has its hands welded to many of the GOP's levers of power. The Republican Party may be mostly conservative, but there are a multitude of reasons that you can't trust the establishment Republicans as far as you can throw them.
- Welfare reform is officially on life support in NYC Jazz Shaw 43 minutes ago
- Why won’t the White House explain how off-budget ObamaCare money got spent? Ed Morrissey 2 hours ago
- Are bans on high capacity magazines constitutional? Jazz Shaw 3 hours ago
- Quotes of the day Allahpundit 15 hours ago
- EPA exonerates Christie administration in obscure bridge-related offense someone made up Mary Katharine Ham 16 hours ago
- California energy companies are getting the heck outta’ dodge and moving to Texas Erika Johnsen 16 hours ago