1) They have supreme confidence without supreme competence. Conservative talk show hosts, columnists,...
Because I believe in a viable two-party system. Right now, the Republicans defecate in their trousers for fear of the ueber-right-wing TEA Party/Evangelical element. Lincoln and Teddy Roosevelt have to be shaking their heads at the marginal positions on too many issues that the fringe mandates be the litmus test. Yes, I voted for the incumbent because I didn't want corporate elitists like the Koch Brothers imposing their neo-Gilded Age view upon the rest of us. A viable Republican Party is necessary to keep the Democrats honest and pull them back from their left-wing fringe.
Just as moderates are completely unrepresented in a Democratic Party that's dominated by liberals, movement conservatives often don't feel represented by the Republican Party. At first glance, this seems rather odd since most Republicans in Congress are conservative. However, it's a natural reaction to the Republican establishment that has its hands welded to many of the GOP's levers of power. The Republican Party may be mostly conservative, but there are a multitude of reasons that you can't trust the establishment Republicans as far as you can throw them.
- Iran executes 967th person under Hassan Rouhani. And it’s a woman Jazz Shaw 1 hour ago
- Chris McDaniel appeal rejected in state supreme court Jazz Shaw 2 hours ago
- Video: Palin-bashing CNN anchor claimed Michelle Obama signed bill into law Ed Morrissey 4 hours ago
- Everything is changing after Ferguson, and it should Jazz Shaw 5 hours ago
- The Marysville school shooting was politicized in about, oh… three minutes Jazz Shaw 7 hours ago
- Hillarynomics: Businesses don’t create jobs Ed Morrissey 8 hours ago