1) They have supreme confidence without supreme competence. Conservative talk show hosts, columnists,...
Because I believe in a viable two-party system. Right now, the Republicans defecate in their trousers for fear of the ueber-right-wing TEA Party/Evangelical element. Lincoln and Teddy Roosevelt have to be shaking their heads at the marginal positions on too many issues that the fringe mandates be the litmus test. Yes, I voted for the incumbent because I didn't want corporate elitists like the Koch Brothers imposing their neo-Gilded Age view upon the rest of us. A viable Republican Party is necessary to keep the Democrats honest and pull them back from their left-wing fringe.
Just as moderates are completely unrepresented in a Democratic Party that's dominated by liberals, movement conservatives often don't feel represented by the Republican Party. At first glance, this seems rather odd since most Republicans in Congress are conservative. However, it's a natural reaction to the Republican establishment that has its hands welded to many of the GOP's levers of power. The Republican Party may be mostly conservative, but there are a multitude of reasons that you can't trust the establishment Republicans as far as you can throw them.
- Quotes of the day Allahpundit 6 hours ago
- Sigh: Busch Gardens removes disembodied heads from Halloween display Mary Katharine Ham 7 hours ago
- Holder running out the clock on Fast & Furious? Ed Morrissey 8 hours ago
- Surge: Walker regains the lead in Wisconsin Guy Benson 8 hours ago
- Gallup: Americans trust in the media matches historic low Noah Rothman 9 hours ago
- Obama’s administration at war with itself over ISIS strategy Noah Rothman 10 hours ago