1) They have supreme confidence without supreme competence. Conservative talk show hosts, columnists,...
Because I believe in a viable two-party system. Right now, the Republicans defecate in their trousers for fear of the ueber-right-wing TEA Party/Evangelical element. Lincoln and Teddy Roosevelt have to be shaking their heads at the marginal positions on too many issues that the fringe mandates be the litmus test. Yes, I voted for the incumbent because I didn't want corporate elitists like the Koch Brothers imposing their neo-Gilded Age view upon the rest of us. A viable Republican Party is necessary to keep the Democrats honest and pull them back from their left-wing fringe.
Just as moderates are completely unrepresented in a Democratic Party that's dominated by liberals, movement conservatives often don't feel represented by the Republican Party. At first glance, this seems rather odd since most Republicans in Congress are conservative. However, it's a natural reaction to the Republican establishment that has its hands welded to many of the GOP's levers of power. The Republican Party may be mostly conservative, but there are a multitude of reasons that you can't trust the establishment Republicans as far as you can throw them.
- Reading the early voting tea leaves: Republicans closing the gap Mary Katharine Ham 47 mins ago
- White House to red-state Democrats: Don’t blame Precious if you lose Allahpundit 1 hour ago
- ISIS mortar shells now landing in Baghdad’s Green Zone Noah Rothman 2 hours ago
- SCOTUS to consider police searches of hotel registries Jazz Shaw 2 hours ago
- Monica Lewinsky’s return is scaring Hillary’s backers Noah Rothman 3 hours ago
- Video: The only technology that Americans really wanted from the future will soon be real Allahpundit 4 hours ago