1) They have supreme confidence without supreme competence. Conservative talk show hosts, columnists,...
When will you "conservatives" finally get it through your thick skulls that your viewpoint and desires are NOT shared by the majority of voters in this country? The Republican Party's goal is to win elections, not to maintain an ideological purity that satisfies back country rubes but guarantees electoral losses. Your era has passed - get used to it because it isn't coming back.
Just as moderates are completely unrepresented in a Democratic Party that's dominated by liberals, movement conservatives often don't feel represented by the Republican Party. At first glance, this seems rather odd since most Republicans in Congress are conservative. However, it's a natural reaction to the Republican establishment that has its hands welded to many of the GOP's levers of power. The Republican Party may be mostly conservative, but there are a multitude of reasons that you can't trust the establishment Republicans as far as you can throw them.
- Nudity, prudity, and double standards on cable television Ed Morrissey 44 minutes ago
- Funny or die: Obama pitches ObamaCare to Zach Galifianakis Allahpundit 1 hour ago
- Netanyahu: PA has to recognize Israel as a Jewish state Ed Morrissey 1 hour ago
- WaPo/ABC poll shows Obama underwater on Ukraine crisis, Russia Ed Morrissey 2 hours ago
- Feinstein: CIA snooped on secure Congressional network Ed Morrissey 2 hours ago
- Special election in FL-13 today: Jolly vs Sink Ed Morrissey 3 hours ago