Well, the unthinkable happened. The Senate's sweeping gun legislation came up short on the votes required to move forward. And despite all the idealistic calls for passage and despite the fact that many pundits and advocates seem to believe that something should be law simply because "the vast...
It's always amazing to me to listen to the left whine and moan when the "majority" is ignored for any reason: except their own. California, majority vote to not allow gay marriage, off to court we go. Why is that majority any different than some other majorities? Cause it's what THEY want. Liberal/progressive /Marxists see themselves as the final arbiter in all things. Who decides if AR-15 s are constitutional ? They believe they should be the final word. What size cold drink can I have with my Burger? They'll decide. Abortion? their decision. See a pattern? You decide!
President Barack Obama has been struggling to wrap his head around the "unimaginable" idea that Congress may "defy" the American people and stop a vote on a gun control package compromise. The notion, he says, resists the "overwhelming instinct of the American people" after the massacre in Newtown, Conn., to pass gun control legislation.
- Quotes of the day Allahpundit 5 hours ago
- John Roberts doesn’t believe either Scalia or Ginsburg could be confirmed today Jazz Shaw 6 hours ago
- Publisher rips New York Times for snubbing David Limbaugh’s book Noah Rothman 8 hours ago
- How to lose a war before it begins Noah Rothman 9 hours ago
- Putin: I could have troops in Kiev… Warsaw and Bucharest Jazz Shaw 11 hours ago
- NFL Week 3 open thread Ed Morrissey 12 hours ago