Well, the unthinkable happened. The Senate's sweeping gun legislation came up short on the votes required to move forward. And despite all the idealistic calls for passage and despite the fact that many pundits and advocates seem to believe that something should be law simply because "the vast...
It's always amazing to me to listen to the left whine and moan when the "majority" is ignored for any reason: except their own. California, majority vote to not allow gay marriage, off to court we go. Why is that majority any different than some other majorities? Cause it's what THEY want. Liberal/progressive /Marxists see themselves as the final arbiter in all things. Who decides if AR-15 s are constitutional ? They believe they should be the final word. What size cold drink can I have with my Burger? They'll decide. Abortion? their decision. See a pattern? You decide!
President Barack Obama has been struggling to wrap his head around the "unimaginable" idea that Congress may "defy" the American people and stop a vote on a gun control package compromise. The notion, he says, resists the "overwhelming instinct of the American people" after the massacre in Newtown, Conn., to pass gun control legislation.
- Are bans on high capacity magazines constitutional? Jazz Shaw 44 minutes ago
- Quotes of the day Allahpundit 12 hours ago
- EPA exonerates Christie administration in obscure bridge-related offense someone made up Mary Katharine Ham 13 hours ago
- California energy companies are getting the heck outta’ dodge and moving to Texas Erika Johnsen 13 hours ago
- CNN poll: 58% oppose abortion in most or all cases Ed Morrissey 14 hours ago
- Video: Rand Paul’s very libertarian speech at CPAC Allahpundit 15 hours ago