Well, the unthinkable happened. The Senate's sweeping gun legislation came up short on the votes required to move forward. And despite all the idealistic calls for passage and despite the fact that many pundits and advocates seem to believe that something should be law simply because "the vast...
It's always amazing to me to listen to the left whine and moan when the "majority" is ignored for any reason: except their own. California, majority vote to not allow gay marriage, off to court we go. Why is that majority any different than some other majorities? Cause it's what THEY want. Liberal/progressive /Marxists see themselves as the final arbiter in all things. Who decides if AR-15 s are constitutional ? They believe they should be the final word. What size cold drink can I have with my Burger? They'll decide. Abortion? their decision. See a pattern? You decide!
President Barack Obama has been struggling to wrap his head around the "unimaginable" idea that Congress may "defy" the American people and stop a vote on a gun control package compromise. The notion, he says, resists the "overwhelming instinct of the American people" after the massacre in Newtown, Conn., to pass gun control legislation.
- Journalist quits Ferguson after denouncing the media’s behavior Noah Rothman 30 mins ago
- Ben Rhodes: We won’t necessarily limit our airstrikes against ISIS to Iraq Allahpundit 1 hour ago
- CNN source: Darren Wilson didn’t suffer an eye socket fracture Allahpundit 1 hour ago
- Israel takes out three top Hamas commanders after cease-fire violation Ed Morrissey 2 hours ago
- Scarborough: Golfing after that statement on ISIS shows terrorists that Obama’s one cold bastard Allahpundit 3 hours ago
- Thursday TEMS: Duane Patterson, Sen. Rob Portman, Michael Caspino Ed Morrissey 3 hours ago