Well, the unthinkable happened. The Senate's sweeping gun legislation came up short on the votes required to move forward. And despite all the idealistic calls for passage and despite the fact that many pundits and advocates seem to believe that something should be law simply because "the vast...
The Tyranny of the Majority. Suppose the majoriyty wanted slavery, would you agree to that? What if the majority wanted to ban abortion? or gay marriage? You want to go with the majority when it agrees with your point, but not if you disagree.
President Barack Obama has been struggling to wrap his head around the "unimaginable" idea that Congress may "defy" the American people and stop a vote on a gun control package compromise. The notion, he says, resists the "overwhelming instinct of the American people" after the massacre in Newtown, Conn., to pass gun control legislation.
- UAW decides to skip election and form union at VW anyway Jazz Shaw 1 hour ago
- Pelosi’s office retreats on Hobby Lobby “ban” claim Ed Morrissey 2 hours ago
- Solar panel company pocketing govt subsidy cash intended for homeowners Jazz Shaw 4 hours ago
- Look how the Export-Import Bank is using your tax money Jazz Shaw 5 hours ago
- Quotes of the day Allahpundit 18 hours ago
- Video: How does the president’s tone help solve the problem? Mary Katharine Ham 18 hours ago