After a few weeks spent tracking down and questioning pollsters and the reporters of polls, I can assure the reader that pollsters are the modern-day alchemists. They promise to turn numbers into predictive gold. We'd all like to believe these magical powers exist, but we shouldn't. The pollsters of 2012 just don't know who is going to win in November any more than did the pollsters of 1980 know that Ronald Reagan was headed towards a landslide in that late-breaking year.
Interesting. I'd have thought the pollsters would take turnout anomalies into account when weighting their numbers. They don't?
- Resurrected monster General Motors is still killing people Noah Rothman 53 mins ago
- Video: This is the man a malaise-stricken America needs right now Allahpundit 1 hour ago
- NYT: After six weeks of U.S. airstrikes, ISIS has “scarcely budged” Allahpundit 2 hours ago
- McCain: I was pals with Mark Udall’s dad so I can’t bring myself to campaign for Cory Gardner Allahpundit 2 hours ago
- Secret Service failures may expand no-walking zone around White House Ed Morrissey 3 hours ago
- CDC: Up to half a million Ebola cases by end of January Noah Rothman 4 hours ago