One of the strongest elements of Mitt Romney's spectacular debate performance was his decisive rejoinder to the president's oft-repeated allegation that the Republican plans to raise taxes on middle class families. Obama said Romney has designs on an unpaid-for $5 trillion tax cut that would eventually necessitate higher tax bills for average Americans. Romney flatly rejected the claim by calling it false, then explained what he actually has in mind. But the president returned to the "$5 trillion" well on several subsequent occasions, prompting more rebuttals from his challenger. FactCheck.org and CNN reviewed Obama's accusation, and found it wanting....
In response to:
Fear might be one of the reasons many conservatives don't engage in the normal rebellion against parental authority and other authority figures during their teens. Conservatives don't just cling to their guns and religion, they cling to their authority figures.
- A blessed and happy Easter Sunday to all Hot Air readers! Ed Morrissey 1 hour ago
- Quotes of the day Allahpundit 5 hours ago
- Advice to campaigning Democrats: Maybe avoid mentioning the term economic “recovery” Erika Johnsen 6 hours ago
- Western states debate retaking control of federal lands Jazz Shaw 8 hours ago
- Reflecting on Kelo nine years later Jazz Shaw 10 hours ago
- Video: Obama signs bill blocking Iranian UN envoy from entry Ed Morrissey 12 hours ago