One of the strongest elements of Mitt Romney's spectacular debate performance was his decisive rejoinder to the president's oft-repeated allegation that the Republican plans to raise taxes on middle class families. Obama said Romney has designs on an unpaid-for $5 trillion tax cut that would eventually necessitate higher tax bills for average Americans. Romney flatly rejected the claim by calling it false, then explained what he actually has in mind. But the president returned to the "$5 trillion" well on several subsequent occasions, prompting more rebuttals from his challenger. FactCheck.org and CNN reviewed Obama's accusation, and found it wanting....
In response to:
Fear might be one of the reasons many conservatives don't engage in the normal rebellion against parental authority and other authority figures during their teens. Conservatives don't just cling to their guns and religion, they cling to their authority figures.
- Video: Baffling gun-control ad from Mike Bloomberg’s group draws inevitable response Allahpundit 28 minutes ago
- Democratic Senator calls for CIA director’s resignation for spying on Congress Noah Rothman 1 hour ago
- “Are you a Christian?” Tucker Carlson vs. Kirsten Powers on admitting children from Central America Allahpundit 1 hour ago
- Joe Scarborough on Israel: “We cannot be associated with this if this continues” Allahpundit 2 hours ago
- Clintons on unauthorized bios: “Should neither be allowed nor enabled” Ed Morrissey 3 hours ago
- TEMS Thursday: Guest hosting the Hugh Hewitt Show Ed Morrissey 3 hours ago