One of the strongest elements of Mitt Romney's spectacular debate performance was his decisive rejoinder to the president's oft-repeated allegation that the Republican plans to raise taxes on middle class families. Obama said Romney has designs on an unpaid-for $5 trillion tax cut that would eventually necessitate higher tax bills for average Americans. Romney flatly rejected the claim by calling it false, then explained what he actually has in mind. But the president returned to the "$5 trillion" well on several subsequent occasions, prompting more rebuttals from his challenger. FactCheck.org and CNN reviewed Obama's accusation, and found it wanting....
In response to:
Fear might be one of the reasons many conservatives don't engage in the normal rebellion against parental authority and other authority figures during their teens. Conservatives don't just cling to their guns and religion, they cling to their authority figures.
- Quotes of the day Allahpundit 6 hours ago
- Kochs’ next dastardly deed: Creating good public defenders for low-income accused Mary Katharine Ham 7 hours ago
- Reading the early voting tea leaves: Republicans closing the gap Mary Katharine Ham 7 hours ago
- White House to red-state Democrats: Don’t blame Precious if you lose Allahpundit 8 hours ago
- ISIS mortar shells now landing in Baghdad’s Green Zone Noah Rothman 9 hours ago
- SCOTUS to consider police searches of hotel registries Jazz Shaw 9 hours ago