How is it that the party of Lincoln, a party that led the way in opposing slavery, Jim Crow laws, lynching, the KKK, poll taxes, led the way on integration and voting rights for black Americans, and percentage wise, voted for the 1964 Civil Rights Act in greater numbers than Democrats is now only getting about 10% of the black vote? Democrats say racism, but any objective observer would quickly discard that explanation given the significant number of popular black Republicans. If even a large percentage of Republicans were racist, certainly Allen West, Herman Cain, Clarence...
"Woden, you are re-arranging chairs while the ship goes down." - Pistol "The nation faces this year just as it did last a tremendous deficit in the federal budget, but in the president's message there was no sense of sacrifice on the part of government, no assignment of priorities, no hint of the need to put first things first." - George HW Bush, giving his party's rebuttal to LBJ's 1968 SoTU address, when the deficit was reportedly $25 billion. Later, when Reagan was presiding over deficits over ten times that amount, there was not a peep from lapdog Bush or from most other supposed fiscal conservatives, who were also MIA when W and the Repub-led Congress helped add trillions more in debt. They have no credibility on debt now.
- Intel and military sources: We could have hit “Khorasan” in June Ed Morrissey 44 mins ago
- Sources: DOJ won’t file civil-rights charges against George Zimmerman for shooting Trayvon Martin Allahpundit 1 hour ago
- Panetta memoir blames Obama for collapse in Iraq Ed Morrissey 2 hours ago
- 80 people being monitored in Dallas area for Ebola; Update: 100? Ed Morrissey 2 hours ago
- White House: No plans to block flights from ebola countries Jazz Shaw 3 hours ago
- Fox poll shows majority of likely voters support ground troops against ISIS Ed Morrissey 4 hours ago