How is it that the party of Lincoln, a party that led the way in opposing slavery, Jim Crow laws, lynching, the KKK, poll taxes, led the way on integration and voting rights for black Americans, and percentage wise, voted for the 1964 Civil Rights Act in greater numbers than Democrats is now only getting about 10% of the black vote? Democrats say racism, but any objective observer would quickly discard that explanation given the significant number of popular black Republicans. If even a large percentage of Republicans were racist, certainly Allen West, Herman Cain, Clarence...
"Woden, you are re-arranging chairs while the ship goes down." - Pistol "The nation faces this year just as it did last a tremendous deficit in the federal budget, but in the president's message there was no sense of sacrifice on the part of government, no assignment of priorities, no hint of the need to put first things first." - George HW Bush, giving his party's rebuttal to LBJ's 1968 SoTU address, when the deficit was reportedly $25 billion. Later, when Reagan was presiding over deficits over ten times that amount, there was not a peep from lapdog Bush or from most other supposed fiscal conservatives, who were also MIA when W and the Repub-led Congress helped add trillions more in debt. They have no credibility on debt now.
- Jihadi social media: Khorasan Group leader Muhsin al-Fadhli killed in U.S. airstrikes in Syria Allahpundit 41 mins ago
- NYT: On second thought, Bush did pull together a coalition on Iraq Ed Morrissey 1 hour ago
- U.S. had Assad’s cooperation during strikes on targets in Syria Noah Rothman 2 hour ago
- Open thread: War president to address nation after targeting ISIS, Khorasan in Syria Ed Morrissey 2 hours ago
- Yemen’s capital under near total control of Shiite rebels following bloody offensive Noah Rothman 3 hours ago
- US hits Khorasan group in air strikes on Syria Ed Morrissey 4 hours ago