However, this intrinsic tension is distorted and magnified when the government starts choosing religions it will protect and religions it will allow to be sacrificed in the name of egalitarianism or as an attempt to make up for...
"Ten Commandments are sprinkled around government and public places because that is our nation's history;" Liberals pretend this is not the case. Though they have been displayed without controversy for almost 200 years, the ten commandments are no longer welcome. Liberals seem to believe they were banned for 200 years and only in the last 20 years have they been erected.
An intrinsic tension exists between religious freedom and the machinations of government. This is largely because neither men nor the governments men form are wholly free from evil. Thus James Madison’s timeless statement in Federalist 51: “If men were angels, no government would be necessary. If angels were to govern men, neither external nor internal controls on government would be necessary.”
- Pierson to Congress: White House intrusion will never happen again Ed Morrissey 25 mins ago
- Report: Semi-retired president has skipped more than half of his daily security briefings this year Allahpundit 1 hour ago
- Intelligence warned Obama of ISIS since 2012? Ed Morrissey 1 hour ago
- Obama Takes Media Heat For Shifting Blame On ISIL Gabriel Malor 2 hours ago
- Turkish parliament to vote on joining anti-ISIS coalition Ed Morrissey 3 hours ago
- SCOTUS blocks extended early voting options in Ohio Jazz Shaw 3 hours ago