The Washington Post's headline is "Spending by independent groups had little...
Much digital ink and wind is being expended today on the interwebs and cable TV lamenting the ineffectiveness of outside spending from conservative-aligned groups in electing Republican candidates. Indeed, some of the largest groups spent incredible amounts of money to what looks to be little effect. Many Republican candidates who had large SuperPACs behind them lost, and in what looked to be winnable races. This wasn't just Mitt Romney - it was down the ballot with candidates like Josh Mandel, Scott Brown, Tommy Thompson and George Allen.
- US intel: MH17 missile an SA-11 fired from eastern Ukraine Ed Morrissey 53 minutes ago
- White House giving up fight over Obamacare’s contraception mandate? Noah Rothman 1 hour ago
- Kerry arrives in Israel for cease-fire talks Ed Morrissey 2 hours ago
- Quotes of the day Allahpundit 11 hours ago
- Sally Kohn: How can Israel supporters argue the IDF’s violence is justified, but Hamas’ isn’t? Guy Benson 12 hours ago
- Most transparent administration ever closes Apollo 11 anniversary event to press Mary Katharine Ham 12 hours ago