The previous anti-Ryan myth we busted a few weeks ago was a bit more brazen than this latest iteration of media bias and laziness, but inaccurate political urban legends can take on a life of their own if the record is not emphatically corrected. Democrats and their media allies have latched on to an anecdote about Paul Ryan's recent visit to a soup kitchen in Ohio. As the story goes, Ryan showed up unannounced, posed for photos, then took off without doing much of anything -- angering the organization's director, an independent voter, in the process. For a...
If done for personal gain, it a "wash" at best.
- Quotes of the day Allahpundit 10 hours ago
- Hensarling: It’s time to end the Ex-Im Bank Ed Morrissey 12 hours ago
- Got room for one more crisis? In Pakistan, protesters threaten government’s stability Noah Rothman 14 hours ago
- Engel: Military officials “apoplectic” over Obama’s “no-strategy” comment Ed Morrissey 16 hours ago
- The Democratic revolt continues: Key senator calls for Obama to arm Ukraine Noah Rothman 18 hours ago
- Nearly two years after Benghazi, American embassy in Libya’s capital falls to Islamists Noah Rothman 20 hours ago