Last week, Coppola filed a lawsuit against the Tavola Italian Kitchen in Novato, Calif.,...
"Godfather" director Francis Ford Coppola is a big shot -- and not just in the film world. As a vintner and restaurateur, Coppola apparently sees himself as the capo di tutti capi -- the boss of all bosses -- who owns the Italian dictionary. Last year, Coppola won a U.S. trademark for the phrase "a tavola" -- Italian for "to the table" (or, in American English, "come and get it"). It seems the U.S. Patent and Trademark Office also thinks Coppola owns a piece of the Italian language.
- Quotes of the day Allahpundit 5 hours ago
- U.S. to announce ground troops to Poland, says… Polish defense minister Mary Katharine Ham 6 hours ago
- Rand Paul to Harry Reid: Simmer down with the “domestic terrorist” rhetoric about Bundy’s supporters Allahpundit 7 hours ago
- Snowden: I asked Putin that softball question on surveillance to start a public debate in Russia Allahpundit 8 hours ago
- The Obama admin is delaying the Keystone XL review process through the election. Yes, again. Erika Johnsen 9 hours ago
- Rubio on immigration: I think Republicans have reached a point of “irreconcilable differences” with Obama Allahpundit 10 hours ago