Last week, Coppola filed a lawsuit against the Tavola Italian Kitchen in Novato, Calif.,...
"Godfather" director Francis Ford Coppola is a big shot -- and not just in the film world. As a vintner and restaurateur, Coppola apparently sees himself as the capo di tutti capi -- the boss of all bosses -- who owns the Italian dictionary. Last year, Coppola won a U.S. trademark for the phrase "a tavola" -- Italian for "to the table" (or, in American English, "come and get it"). It seems the U.S. Patent and Trademark Office also thinks Coppola owns a piece of the Italian language.
- Special election in FL-13 today: Jolly vs Sink Ed Morrissey 49 minutes ago
- Crimea parliament to declare independence after annexation referendum Ed Morrissey 1 hour ago
- CNN reports ObamaCare approval “rebounding” Ed Morrissey 2 hours ago
- Quotes of the day Allahpundit 11 hours ago
- DeBlasio faces three lawsuits for trying to shut down charter schools Mary Katharine Ham 12 hours ago
- European countries to US: Give us your gas Erika Johnsen 13 hours ago