Why does Obama insist upon raising taxes? Not because he believes it will improve the economy, and not because he believes it will increase receipts to the Treasury. The proposed taxes would bring in about $80 billion a...
Obama loves to say that we shouldn't "return to the failed policies of the past". While he never explains what that's supposed to mean, you'd assume he means that Bush's policies led to the financial crisis. Again and again, Repubs refuse to point out that it was Democratic policies like the Community Reinvestment Act and the Clinton era push on Fannie and Freddie to back bad mortgages that got us into this mess. The evidence is there. Sources like the NYT and NPR have all the articles in their archives; they just don't raise the issue. And the lie continues. When are the Repubs going to get some backbone and go after these fools who are ruining the greatest country on the face of the earth?
Republicans find themselves in the unenviable position of being forced to agree to raise taxes on those earning more than $200,000 (the actual cut off for those Mr. Obama refers to as "millionaires and billionaires"), or risk being blamed for a tax increase on all taxpaying Americans. They will probably agree, which means it's a politically unavoidable policy, not a good policy.
- Quotes of the day Allahpundit 9 hours ago
- Meet the laywers defending “campus rapists” Jazz Shaw 10 hours ago
- Iran executes 967th person under Hassan Rouhani. And it’s a woman Jazz Shaw 12 hours ago
- Chris McDaniel appeal rejected in state supreme court Jazz Shaw 13 hours ago
- Video: Palin-bashing CNN anchor claimed Michelle Obama signed bill into law Ed Morrissey 15 hours ago
- Everything is changing after Ferguson, and it should Jazz Shaw 16 hours ago