Espiritus offered a unique perspective: “The Black, Youth and Latino ‘vote’ is being used [by the Chinese] for the outcome [of the] 2012 election. . . . Under Komrad Obama, America’s military will be emasculated,...
“You just don’t get it that the policies that allow the rich to get richer and poor to get poorer are totally unChristian. Jesus was all about helping those who were less fortunate. Sorry, but the democrats hearts are in a more holy place.” This is where we fail. The only way to win the hearts and minds of those who oppose us is to convince them that government benevolence is a failure. The welfare of others must be something that is ensured privately, not through government. When the conservatives finally take the initiative to actively promote benevolence and prove that it works through direct involvement, progressives will find that their supporters have vanished.
My open letter to my black Christian friends, written out of respect and solidarity, generated an extremely high number of email responses. They ranged from commendation to condemnation, with one email informing me that neither “you nor I are going to alter prophecy, these things are foretold, we have to pray now GOD will get us out of here before masses get destroyed!”
- Big Labor: ObamaCare is making income inequality worse, you know Erika Johnsen 1 hour ago
- Reading 2.0: There’s an app for that Jazz Shaw 2 hours ago
- China draws its own “red line” …on North Korea Erika Johnsen 4 hours ago
- IRS to give up, release all Lerner e-mails, documents Jazz Shaw 5 hours ago
- Ukraine: Another 3 AM wake-up call going unheeded Ed Morrissey 7 hours ago
- Welfare reform is officially on life support in NYC Jazz Shaw 8 hours ago