Sensing the wounds of betrayal beginning to fester among many within the conservative base -- his biggest fans and strongest advocates over the last three years -- Sen. Marco Rubio has personally penned a "Dear Friends" letter to try to assuage their concerns about both his intentions and the contents of the bill he helped craft. Rubio calls the immigration reform effort "a real trial" for him, expressing regret that many of his natural allies are furious with him for his role in the 'Gang of Eight.' The full letter is available HERE. A few excerpts, via NRO:
Rubio is promising to support conservatives on other issues "such as reforming the tax code, balancing the budget, reducing regulations, and repealing Obamacare." Rubio once promised us he would fight illegal immigration too. No second term.
- Quotes of the day Allahpundit 2 hours ago
- Sotloff “fixer”: Americans never contacted me after his abduction Ed Morrissey 3 hours ago
- David Cameron to Scotland: Baby, don’t go. Mary Katharine Ham 4 hours ago
- Confirmed: You can tell someone’s politics by their body odor Allahpundit 4 hours ago
- Oh my: I think Romney’s going to run, says top Wall Street backer Allahpundit 5 hours ago
- Election forecasters bearish on GOP? Senate models looking more Democratic by the day Noah Rothman 6 hours ago