New York City Mayor Michael Bloomberg, who politicized the Sandy Hook tragedy within hours last Friday, just wrapped up a press conference announcing new plans to fight gun violence and to counter the National Rifle Association with his own Super PAC. Bloomberg was asked by a reporter to respond to Rep. Louie Gohmert's comments over the weekend that he wished the principal of the school, who died trying to take down shooter Adam Lanza, had a gun. Bloomberg responded by saying, "There are dumb statements and then there are stupid statements.....I don't know what the gun would have...
In response to:
Actually, I think he's an eggheaded administrator. What he also fails to tell us is how things could have gone WORSE if some of the faculty had been armed.
- Cover Oregon’s chief tech official resigns; site has signed up exactly zero people Erika Johnsen 34 minutes ago
- Video: Obama is the Loser of the Year, says … Ed Morrissey 1 hour ago
- Open thread: Man to survey smoking ruins of his credibility in year-end press conference Allahpundit 2 hours ago
- The Ed Morrissey Show: Duane “Generalissimo” Patterson & the Week in Review Ed Morrissey 2 hours ago
- Yet another reason to get rid of the Renewable Fuel Standard: So much fraud. Erika Johnsen 3 hours ago
- WaPo: WH justification of NSA surveillance programs “unraveling” Ed Morrissey 3 hours ago