You are right on the money, Spectator. It is much easier and cheaper to deport them all. For example, announce the first stage of the reform: All people living illegally (un-documented) in the U.S. must leave the country until January 1, 2015. Any illegal alien discovered still living in this country after the deadline will be arrested and sent to hard labor in Alaska for a minimum of 3 years; deported after he served the time. That's it. Give state and local law enforcement agencies the right to identify illegals and forcefully remove them into ICE maintained camps. (If local cops can arrest criminals why can't they arrest illegal's? Illogical.) That's it. No nuances, no grievances, no appeals. Out, the way they came in.
- Oh, by the way: North Korea now knows how to build small nuclear warheads for delivery via ICBM Allahpundit 41 mins ago
- Video: The ultimate Debbie Wasserman Schultz clip Allahpundit 1 hour ago
- DHS auditor: It’s not your imagination, we aren’t prepared for a pandemic Noah Rothman 2 hours ago
- Dems accuse David Perdue of signing girl’s “torso.” Was signing insulin pump Jazz Shaw 2 hours ago
- Quinnipiac poll: Udall not gaining on Gardner in the home stretch Ed Morrissey 3 hours ago
- White House: Obama didn’t really mean it when he said a vote for Nunn is a vote for a Dem majority Noah Rothman 4 hours ago