You are right on the money, Spectator. It is much easier and cheaper to deport them all. For example, announce the first stage of the reform: All people living illegally (un-documented) in the U.S. must leave the country until January 1, 2015. Any illegal alien discovered still living in this country after the deadline will be arrested and sent to hard labor in Alaska for a minimum of 3 years; deported after he served the time. That's it. Give state and local law enforcement agencies the right to identify illegals and forcefully remove them into ICE maintained camps. (If local cops can arrest criminals why can't they arrest illegal's? Illogical.) That's it. No nuances, no grievances, no appeals. Out, the way they came in.
- Sunday reflection: Matthew 13:1–23 Ed Morrissey 42 minutes ago
- ICE has the chance to catch Jose Antonio Vargas RIGHT NOW Jazz Shaw 1 hour ago
- Open thread: Sunday morning talking heads Allahpundit 3 hours ago
- Quotes of the day Allahpundit 14 hours ago
- WMD in Iraq a rather nuanced issue Ed Morrissey 16 hours ago
- Perry: Rand Paul’s position on Iraq is “disheartening … curiously blind” Ed Morrissey 17 hours ago