No static defense like mountain ranges, bodies of water, expanses of desert, or fortifications can be relied on to keep the barbarians away from the gate. The great wall of china stands as mute witness to this folly. The best defense has always been a good offense, the only thing that passive barriers are likely to provide is a short time to get organized.
- Quotes of the day Allahpundit 1 hour ago
- Ebola: First case coming to America Mary Katharine Ham 1 hour ago
- Wisconsin Supreme Court upholds Gov. Scott Walker’s signature Act 10 in its entirety Mary Katharine Ham 2 hours ago
- Is Romney poised for a comeback? Allahpundit 3 hours ago
- Video: Baffling gun-control ad from Mike Bloomberg’s group draws inevitable response Allahpundit 3 hours ago
- Democratic Senator calls for CIA director’s resignation for spying on Congress Noah Rothman 4 hours ago