No static defense like mountain ranges, bodies of water, expanses of desert, or fortifications can be relied on to keep the barbarians away from the gate. The great wall of china stands as mute witness to this folly. The best defense has always been a good offense, the only thing that passive barriers are likely to provide is a short time to get organized.
- Yikes: ObamaCare signups slowed down in February Erika Johnsen 1 hour ago
- Newest target of Latino media on immigration reform: Barack Obama? Allahpundit 1 hour ago
- Pew poll: 61% of Republicans under age 30 support legalizing gay marriage Allahpundit 2 hours ago
- Breaking: National lightbringer turns out not to be so centrist after all Ed Morrissey 3 hours ago
- CPAC: Evan Sayet Ed Morrissey 3 hours ago