I still don't understand why people take drugs. Can't they just pour themselves a nice shot of bourbon? On the other hand, as Gary S. Becker and Kevin M. Murphy argue, in a lucid...
There never was a war on drugs except as political posture. Open borders has been government policy since the end of Eisenhower's term, and most of our drugs came across our borders with the illegal aliens. Internally our drug companies have continued a an advertising of better living through drugs and not distinguishing between disease fighting drugs and psychoactive drugs that often caused more serious problems than the condition they were touted for.
Forty-odd (exceedingly odd, I might add) years ago, who would have envisioned a national war against drugs? Nobody took drugs -- nobody you knew, nobody but jazz musicians and funny foreign folk. Then, after a while, it came to seem that everybody did. Drugs became a new front in the war on an old social culture that was taking hard licks aplenty in those days.
- Quotes of the day Allahpundit 1 hour ago
- Video: Sharyl Attkisson wants to know where the illegal immigrant children have gone Jazz Shaw 3 hours ago
- Video: Cruz presser at AFP summit Ed Morrissey 4 hours ago
- Video: Pete Hegseth on VA scandal, ISIS threat at AFP’s Defending the Dream summit Ed Morrissey 6 hours ago
- California Dem moves to outlaw some civilian body armor Jazz Shaw 7 hours ago
- Don’t count Rob Ford out just yet Jazz Shaw 9 hours ago