What a fairy tale. Mature adults understand that earthquakes, hurricanes and other natural disasters are an unfortunate fact of life. They...
Why ,though there was over a weeks warning did not every one that owned a car have a full tank? It is common knowledge among normal people that gas pumps need electricity and that power failures are common in hurricanes. Preparedness starts with the individual. Many large buildings had central heating systems that had little fuel on hand and the heat was circulated by fans they also would not work with out electricity, hot water systems often use electric pumps. People depending on the government are pathetic.
Just a few days after Hurricane Sandy devastated parts of New York, New Jersey and Connecticut, the New York Times' Paul Krugman crowed triumphantly about the federal government's response to the disaster. "[A]fter Katrina the government seemed to have no idea what it was doing; this time it did. And that's no accident: the federal government's ability to respond effectively to disaster always collapses when antigovernment Republicans hold the White House, and always recovers when Democrats take it back."
- Open thread: Sunday morning talking heads Allahpundit 44 minutes ago
- Quote of the day Allahpundit 12 hours ago
- Big Labor: ObamaCare is making income inequality worse, you know Erika Johnsen 13 hours ago
- Reading 2.0: There’s an app for that Jazz Shaw 15 hours ago
- China draws its own “red line” …on North Korea Erika Johnsen 16 hours ago
- IRS to give up, release all Lerner e-mails, documents Jazz Shaw 18 hours ago