God and Man and FDR

Willis8 Wrote: Jun 21, 2012 8:54 AM
The fact is that we know better today than to have the President lead the nation in prayer, just like we know better today than to have separate bathrooms for blacks and whites, and we actually do allow interracial marriage. Of course some conservatives believe we should turn back the clock on all of this. But back to the point, some American do not wish to pray and some pray differently than Roosevelt prated, and that is a right that is clearly and expessly gauranteed to us in the constitution. A Christian President can tell people that he's praying, but its not a good idea to ask them to pray the same way that he does - because 50 million of us don't. And we're just as American as the others who do.

Obama Campaign Tears America Apart

Willis8 Wrote: Jun 20, 2012 1:44 PM
The Republican are just handing Obama the ammo. Look at the facts, they are totally anti choice, and have done nothing to hide their derision for unemployed and minority people. Just read Town Hall.

Obama Campaign Tears America Apart

Willis8 Wrote: Jun 20, 2012 1:34 PM
NO QUESTION ABOUT IT Obama is simply taking the ammunition that the right has given him. He's not lying when he says that Republicans are ina fight against women and everybody else who isn't white, straight, christian, and fairly well off. Oh and lest I forget, bent on making their 17-year-old daughter bear the child of a rapist. Just read the rest of Town Hall. I'm certain that republicans are trying to divide my country and I think its sick.

Are Gay Parents Worse Parents?

Willis8 Wrote: Jun 15, 2012 12:03 PM
Topeka, I don't think I like you but I do think that the observations above are reasonable. Growing up gay for some can be a difficult experience (because of obvious hate and prejudice) and that is one of the things that damage adults. (Gays don't have a franchise on difficult childhoods, however.) So I do happen to agree that the proportion of bad behaiviour of any kind could be elevate in gays. Which doesn't justify CAUSING it by continuing societal homophobia.

Are Gay Parents Worse Parents?

Willis8 Wrote: Jun 15, 2012 11:38 AM
You don't even know me and you apparently don't know the dozen or so other gay parented households that I know. Now if you want to come to my house and tell me to my face that we're bad parents, I would savor the opportunity to "stand my ground" as you convservatives like to say, while I screw up your face. I don't get in brawls, but I would do that to defend my child.

Are Gay Parents Worse Parents?

Willis8 Wrote: Jun 15, 2012 11:35 AM
I'm referring to STABLE people, who are not committing crimes that would land them in prison. That's an UNstable characterstic for a household, wouldn't you agree?

Are Gay Parents Worse Parents?

Willis8 Wrote: Jun 15, 2012 11:16 AM
The study asked parents from screwed-up households if they'd ever had a homosexual relationship. It did not get involved with children from stable homosexual hosueholds, of which there are many (including mine). The results show that if one of the parents from a broken home has a homsexual relationship, that it doesn't help the kids, who are already going to have difficulties because they are from a broken home. And as far as any of you judgemental imbeciles who are going to claim that there are no stable homosexual households, you don't know that. You haven't been to my house.
Bush took the economy down, and no one knows what would have fixed it any faster. Bush was a terrible President, he spent but didn't tax. He's responsiblef or the largest single undunded mandate in the history of our country. He was in the White House when the real estate bubble was growing; and when it burst, he was on his way out the door. Obama hasn't cuased the resulting recession but he may not have done everything he could have to fix it.

Christians Should Vote For Romney

Willis8 Wrote: Jun 14, 2012 9:23 AM
How "Christian" is it to support tax cuts for the rich and deny healtchare to the poor? How Christian is it to condemn gays as second class citizens and limit their civil rights as American citizens? How Christian is it to try to starve illegal immigrants so badly that they "self deport" because no one in this country will do anything for them except throw them in jail for walk ing downt he street? How Christian is it to be 100% in favor of concealed carry, gun ownership, and gun rights when teenagers routinely walk into high schools and colleges and assisinate each other? Really, truly, nothing about the conservative platform is Christ-like. NOTHING.
Just wait until he bans farting.