As the nation debates whether to institutionalize same-sex marriage, social scientists have been weighing in -- often with a heavy hand. As Mark Regnerus, author of a new study examining outcomes for children in a variety of home environments, notes social science regarding gay and lesbian parenting has swung from "presents challenges," to "no difference" to "superior" in the space of one decade. The American Psychological Association declared flatly in 2005 that, "Not a single study has found children of lesbian or gay parents to be disadvantaged in any significant respect relative to children of heterosexual parents." That prompted skepticism from...
You don't even know me and you apparently don't know the dozen or so other gay parented households that I know. Now if you want to come to my house and tell me to my face that we're bad parents, I would savor the opportunity to "stand my ground" as you convservatives like to say, while I screw up your face. I don't get in brawls, but I would do that to defend my child.
- Rand Paul: Republicans must agree to disagree on social issues in order to grow the party Allahpundit 18 minutes ago
- Video: Small-business employees locked out of Covered California health care Ed Morrissey 59 minutes ago
- The Ed Morrissey Show: Duane “Generalissimo” Patterson Ed Morrissey 1 hour ago
- Soon, you might be able to carry a gun just about anywhere in Georgia Erika Johnsen 2 hours ago
- Kerry retreats on recognition of Israel as a Jewish state Ed Morrissey 2 hours ago