This is about oil and natural gas. But even if it were not, China, with an economy set to stall, is looking toward nationalism as a means to distract attention from the economy and divert potential calls for regime change. To paraphrase Nietzshe: "Nothing cures the ills of a nation like victory."
Breaking on TOWNHALL
- Sharyl Attkisson resigns from CBS, partly due to “liberal bias” Allahpundit 19 minutes ago
- The Ed Morrissey Show: CPAC review, Lisa De Pasquale Ed Morrissey 21 minutes ago
- Ron Paul: Crimea has the right to join Russia, and U.S. sanctions would be “criminal” Allahpundit 59 minutes ago
- CPAC interviews: The candidates Ed Morrissey 1 hour ago
- Amazing: Leader of authoritarian gulag state unanimously “elected” with 100 percent voter turnout Erika Johnsen 2 hours ago
- Snowden Q&A overshadowed at SXSW by … Girls Ed Morrissey 2 hours ago