Technology is not Wisdom

William Gensert Wrote: Mar 20, 2014 6:55 AM
Let's not forget the success of our high-tech presidency, with its smart power and new way of doing things. That's worked out well, hasn't it?
In my Italian, Bronx neighborhood, no one puts Parmesan on his pasta. We use grated Romano.
The USPS is an example of a failed business model. They are obligated by law, when faced with the decline in demand for its most popular product, first class mail, to raise the price. Increasing the price of a product does not hurt demand, does it?

The Value of Life Decreases

William Gensert Wrote: Mar 10, 2014 11:03 AM
I grew up and still live in the Bronx. In the 1970s I owned an ice cream truck in the Throggs Neck Projects. I spent most of my time there and made many friends, two of whom remain family to this day -- both are woman, one an ex and the other, I have introduced as my sister for decades. Both are black, and I am a pasty faced white boy. I made many other friends as well, Spanish and black. Although we no longer associate, most of the Spanish ones are still alive and well. All of my black, male friends from the 1970s are dead, by drugs murder or their own hand.
I'm sorry, but I disagree, the troops on the border were merely sleight of hand, a distraction. Putin wanted his warm water port and he got it. Depending on how he feels, the next target will be Odessa, where Ukraine has been studying the feasibility of LNG importation facilities. He will not tolerate Ukraine energy independence.

Ukraine and the Return of the KGB

William Gensert Wrote: Mar 06, 2014 11:48 AM
"History repeats itself, first as tragedy, then as farce." Karl Marx

Squeegee People

William Gensert Wrote: Mar 03, 2014 9:42 AM
How true, I remember and I still live in New York. Although, I have to say I never had an issue with them, and the rumors of them extorting we're overblown even then. People are by nature are very generous and they could do well even without compulsory contributions from the ungenerous. If anything, as the years have passed, the beggars have gotten much less aggressive. You see them nowadays mostly outside banks in my area.
Didn't see the movie, but his acting in True Detective is some of the best I've ever seen.
Barack Obama believes he is the "rule of law."

An Upside-Down World

William Gensert Wrote: Feb 28, 2014 9:17 AM
A cake baked by Jesus would be quite the prize -- a cake baked by God. But, it probably wouldn't be that good. The man, after all was a carpenter.

The Israeli Solution

William Gensert Wrote: Feb 25, 2014 12:35 PM
Ms. Gluck, I have been reading and admiring your articles on TH since before you started using paragraphs. I've written about the Israel/Iran dichotomy myself on a few occasions. The worst thing to happen in the Middle East in recent decades, is the election of Barack Obama. Yet, Israel, America, and indeed, the rest of the world need only hold out for the next 3 years. Barack Obama is not forever.