Unsatisfied, one of the officers searched Floyd, feeling under his shirt and inside his pants pockets. He found nothing...
Here’s the ONLY gun law that should ever exist: Compel the Dept. of Justice to compile a list of all convicted felons who have not had their rights re-instated, and keep it current. Then provide a current copy of that list to all licensed firearms dealers – prohibiting them (under penalty of law) from knowingly selling guns or ammo to them. The only burden on the purchaser, would be to show ID - but only to the extent that his State government requires ID in order to vote. Walk in with cash - walk out with a gun - except for felons. Thus, there really is no need for background-checks, forms, questionnaires, registration, or sales-records. This simple approach will be just as effective as all 22,000 current gun-laws - maybe more so
The first time David Floyd was stopped and frisked, on a Friday afternoon in April 2007, he was walking down Beach Avenue a few doors from his house in the Bronx when two police officers confronted him, demanding to know who he was, where he was going, what he was doing and whether he was carrying any weapons. Floyd, at the time a freelance film editor and now a medical student, presented his driver's license and explained that he was walking home.
- Quotes of the day Allahpundit 4 hours ago
- In Illinois and California, public servants skate in police abuse cases Mary Katharine Ham 4 hours ago
- Will Utah be ground zero for nationwide gay marriage? Noah Rothman 5 hours ago
- NYT: Chelsea Clinton gets $75K per speech Ed Morrissey 6 hours ago
- Ted Cruz declines to follow Palin’s lead in calling for Obama’s impeachment Allahpundit 7 hours ago