Ramadan is about a month long. It is not a good time to be in a country celebrating it if you simply want to go about your daily business. From dawn to dusk the faithful refrain from eating, drinking, and smoking. This makes them a tad irritable and more than a tad difficult to do business with if you're trying to buy something in a system that runs on negotiating a price. But once the sun goes down, they more than make up for the deprivations during the day.
- Quotes of the day Allahpundit 7 hours ago
- Video: Shep vs. Earnest Mary Katharine Ham 7 hours ago
- In New York City, a safety regulation makes the streets less safe Mary Katharine Ham 8 hours ago
- Federal investigators find no connection between Christie and Bridgegate Ed Morrissey 9 hours ago
- Boehner: You know what would help our economy? Immigration reform Allahpundit 9 hours ago
- White House: It’s not combat, but US troops will return fire if they’re shot at… Noah Rothman 10 hours ago