Mitch McConnell, the Senate Republican leader, says he “burst into laughter” Thursday when Treasury Secretary Tim Geithner outlined the administration proposal for averting the fiscal cliff. He wasn’t trying to embarrass Geithner, McConnell says, only responding candidly to his one-sided plan, explicit on tax increases, vague on spending cuts.
Geithner’s visit to his office left McConnell discouraged about reaching a “balanced” deal on tax hikes and spending reductions designed to prevent...
Egon3-I second the motion
- Quotes of the day Allahpundit 3 hours ago
- Former loathsome nanny-state mayor confuses blogger with second awesome move this summer Mary Katharine Ham 4 hours ago
- Video: Army Medal of Honor recipient breaks gavel at New York Stock Exchange Mary Katharine Ham 5 hours ago
- Senate analysis: What does “success” look like for the GOP in 2014? Guy Benson 5 hours ago
- Could a Republican president gut ObamaCare without action from Congress or the Supreme Court? Allahpundit 6 hours ago
- Rubio: Immigration reform won’t happen for another 10 years unless border security comes first Allahpundit 7 hours ago