One of the strongest elements of Mitt Romney's spectacular debate performance was his decisive rejoinder to the president's oft-repeated allegation that the Republican plans to raise taxes on middle class families. Obama said Romney has designs on an unpaid-for $5 trillion tax cut that would eventually necessitate higher tax bills for average Americans. Romney flatly rejected the claim by calling it false, then explained what he actually has in mind. But the president returned to the "$5 trillion" well on several subsequent occasions, prompting more rebuttals from his challenger. FactCheck.org and CNN reviewed Obama's accusation, and found it wanting....
In response to:
Wall Street and bankers play both side's of the fence.Obama received money from both in 08'...nothing new here.
- Matt Lewis shames the press for laughing at Bristol Palin’s physical assault Noah Rothman 31 mins ago
- Quotes of the day Allahpundit 10 hours ago
- Twitter blocks petition supporting Houston pastors Jazz Shaw 10 hours ago
- Debbie Wasserman Schultz: Barack who? Allahpundit 12 hours ago
- What election? Network news gives up on covering midterms Noah Rothman 12 hours ago