New York City Mayor Michael Bloomberg, who politicized the Sandy Hook tragedy within hours last Friday, just wrapped up a press conference announcing new plans to fight gun violence and to counter the National Rifle Association with his own Super PAC. Bloomberg was asked by a reporter to respond to Rep. Louie Gohmert's comments over the weekend that he wished the principal of the school, who died trying to take down shooter Adam Lanza, had a gun. Bloomberg responded by saying, "There are dumb statements and then there are stupid statements.....I don't know what the gun would have...
In response to:
Jeff60-Look at gun crime in (SH!Tcago)one of THE most anti-gun cities in the country.Gun crimes by criminals is at an all time high,even with the most restricted gun laws in the country.Look at Australia,who banned all firearems,their gun violence when through the roof.Why?because when their gun banned went into effect,it was the law abiding citizen that turned in their fire am(s)NOT the criminal.
- Ruth Bader Ginsberg to liberals: You really think Obama can replace me? Noah Rothman 33 mins ago
- Building blocks of the GOP Senate majority coming together Noah Rothman 1 hour ago
- Jim Webb: I’m seriously thinking of running for president as a Democrat Allahpundit 1 hour ago
- Climate change so important that cable news ignored Obama’s UN speech Noah Rothman 2 hours ago
- Bill O’Reilly: Why not raise a 25,000-man global mercenary army to fight ISIS? Allahpundit 3 hours ago
- Video: Semi-retired president now saluting Marines with coffee in hand Allahpundit 3 hours ago