New York City Mayor Michael Bloomberg, who politicized the Sandy Hook tragedy within hours last Friday, just wrapped up a press conference announcing new plans to fight gun violence and to counter the National Rifle Association with his own Super PAC. Bloomberg was asked by a reporter to respond to Rep. Louie Gohmert's comments over the weekend that he wished the principal of the school, who died trying to take down shooter Adam Lanza, had a gun. Bloomberg responded by saying, "There are dumb statements and then there are stupid statements.....I don't know what the gun would have...
In response to:
Jeff60-Look at gun crime in (SH!Tcago)one of THE most anti-gun cities in the country.Gun crimes by criminals is at an all time high,even with the most restricted gun laws in the country.Look at Australia,who banned all firearems,their gun violence when through the roof.Why?because when their gun banned went into effect,it was the law abiding citizen that turned in their fire am(s)NOT the criminal.
- Gosnell Movie crosses the million-dollar mark Ed Morrissey 59 minutes ago
- Open thread: Sunday morning talking heads Allahpundit 2 hours ago
- A blessed and happy Easter Sunday to all Hot Air readers! Ed Morrissey 10 hours ago
- Quotes of the day Allahpundit 14 hours ago
- Advice to campaigning Democrats: Maybe avoid mentioning the term economic “recovery” Erika Johnsen 15 hours ago
- Western states debate retaking control of federal lands Jazz Shaw 17 hours ago