Since Barack Obama's re-election, hundreds...
You're absolutely right, Dr. Williams. Not ONE state would have signed the compact of 1789 if they thought they were all signing a sovereignty suicide pact. Also, the war settled nothing, it only deferred the issue to another time. Next, secession was not declared illegal until the kangaroo Supreme Court of 1869 in White vs Texas. Finally, unlke dligon, who clearly has no idea what he's talking about, I've actually studied the issue, and the lame things those who justify the unnecessary slaughter and the over a century and a half of malice that followed is mind bending. Secession, as you say, Dr. Williams, is the honorable and best way out. The USSR allowed it.
For decades, it has been obvious that there are irreconcilable differences between Americans who want to control the lives of others and those who wish to be left alone. Which is the more peaceful solution: Americans using the brute force of government to beat liberty-minded people into submission or simply parting company? In a marriage, where vows are ignored and broken, divorce is the most peaceful solution. Similarly, our constitutional and human rights have been increasingly violated by a government instituted to protect them. Americans who support constitutional abrogation have no intention of mending their ways.
- New solution to border crisis: Send U.S. officials to Honduras to give kids refugee status? Allahpundit Jul 24, 2014
- Boehner accuses White House of sabotaging Veterans Affairs bill Noah Rothman Jul 24, 2014
- NFL suspends Ray Rice for two games in domestic-assault case Ed Morrissey Jul 24, 2014
- Great news from Hillary: The Russian reset worked Allahpundit Jul 24, 2014
- Thursday TEMS: Duane Patterson, Daniel Garza, Mike McFadden Ed Morrissey Jul 24, 2014
- FEC Chairman sounds alarm to Hot Air: There’s a ‘move afoot to constrict press freedoms’ Noah Rothman Jul 24, 2014