Since Barack Obama's re-election, hundreds...
You're absolutely right, Dr. Williams. Not ONE state would have signed the compact of 1789 if they thought they were all signing a sovereignty suicide pact. Also, the war settled nothing, it only deferred the issue to another time. Next, secession was not declared illegal until the kangaroo Supreme Court of 1869 in White vs Texas. Finally, unlke dligon, who clearly has no idea what he's talking about, I've actually studied the issue, and the lame things those who justify the unnecessary slaughter and the over a century and a half of malice that followed is mind bending. Secession, as you say, Dr. Williams, is the honorable and best way out. The USSR allowed it.
For decades, it has been obvious that there are irreconcilable differences between Americans who want to control the lives of others and those who wish to be left alone. Which is the more peaceful solution: Americans using the brute force of government to beat liberty-minded people into submission or simply parting company? In a marriage, where vows are ignored and broken, divorce is the most peaceful solution. Similarly, our constitutional and human rights have been increasingly violated by a government instituted to protect them. Americans who support constitutional abrogation have no intention of mending their ways.
- Poll: 55% of Americans under age 35 oppose sanctions on Russia Allahpundit 34 minutes ago
- Video: C’mon, America, let’s ban the word “bossy” Allahpundit 1 hour ago
- Sharyl Attkisson resigns from CBS, partly due to “liberal bias” Allahpundit 1 hour ago
- The Ed Morrissey Show: CPAC review, Lisa De Pasquale Ed Morrissey 1 hour ago
- Ron Paul: Crimea has the right to join Russia, and U.S. sanctions would be “criminal” Allahpundit 2 hours ago
- CPAC interviews: The candidates Ed Morrissey 3 hours ago