Alexander Hamilton: "The best we can hope for concerning the people at large is that they be properly armed," adding later, "If the representatives of the people betray their constituents, there is...
Unfortunately, about half of the People agree with these idiots. This is a dangerous situation.
Rep. John Lewis, D-Ga., in the wake of the Newtown, Conn., shootings, said: "The British are not coming. ... We don't need all these guns to kill people." Lewis' vision, shared by many, represents a gross ignorance of why the framers of the Constitution gave us the Second Amendment. How about a few quotes from the period and you decide whether our Founding Fathers harbored a fear of foreign tyrants.
- Quotes of the day Allahpundit 3 hours ago
- Former loathsome nanny-state mayor confuses blogger with second awesome move this summer Mary Katharine Ham 4 hours ago
- Video: Army Medal of Honor recipient breaks gavel at New York Stock Exchange Mary Katharine Ham 5 hours ago
- Senate analysis: What does “success” look like for the GOP in 2014? Guy Benson 5 hours ago
- Could a Republican president gut ObamaCare without action from Congress or the Supreme Court? Allahpundit 6 hours ago
- Rubio: Immigration reform won’t happen for another 10 years unless border security comes first Allahpundit 7 hours ago