It was crystal clear tonight that Vice President Biden was determined not to reprise the president's passive performance in Denver. In that, he succeeded. He also succeeded in interrupting his opponent constantly, repeatedly laughing at strange moments, and playing the 'loud anger' card frequently. Rep. Paul Ryan's serenity in the face of the Vice President's behavior was almost supernatural. On actual talking points, the two men battled to a draw. Ryan excelled on economic issues, gave a fabulous answer on abortion and closed strong. He also held his own on foreign policy. Biden scored on Afghanistan and by pointing out...
Biden reminds me of a cheap whiny defense attorney who knows only that his client is guilty but with no idea how to defend him. Except to say that he is a good person deep down inside. As with Liberals everywhere, results are secondary to intentions. O meant well but failed miserably. But we, if we also share in those good intentions, should WANT to be good enough to give him a second chance. Biden seems to be making the claim that if we were BETTER people, we would understand somehow.
- Quotes of the day Allahpundit 7 hours ago
- Video: Shep vs. Earnest Mary Katharine Ham 7 hours ago
- In New York City, a safety regulation makes the streets less safe Mary Katharine Ham 8 hours ago
- Federal investigators find no connection between Christie and Bridgegate Ed Morrissey 9 hours ago
- Boehner: You know what would help our economy? Immigration reform Allahpundit 9 hours ago
- White House: It’s not combat, but US troops will return fire if they’re shot at… Noah Rothman 10 hours ago