It was crystal clear tonight that Vice President Biden was determined not to reprise the president's passive performance in Denver. In that, he succeeded. He also succeeded in interrupting his opponent constantly, repeatedly laughing at strange moments, and playing the 'loud anger' card frequently. Rep. Paul Ryan's serenity in the face of the Vice President's behavior was almost supernatural. On actual talking points, the two men battled to a draw. Ryan excelled on economic issues, gave a fabulous answer on abortion and closed strong. He also held his own on foreign policy. Biden scored on Afghanistan and by pointing out...
Biden reminds me of a cheap whiny defense attorney who knows only that his client is guilty but with no idea how to defend him. Except to say that he is a good person deep down inside. As with Liberals everywhere, results are secondary to intentions. O meant well but failed miserably. But we, if we also share in those good intentions, should WANT to be good enough to give him a second chance. Biden seems to be making the claim that if we were BETTER people, we would understand somehow.
- Quotes of the day Allahpundit 6 hours ago
- Good: Comedienne refuses to apologize for telling jokes Mary Katharine Ham 7 hours ago
- Shocking report: Obama didn’t even finish Jiro’s sushi Mary Katharine Ham 7 hours ago
- Who’s up for a Throwback Thursday with Kim Jong Un? Erika Johnsen 8 hours ago
- Georgia governor signs liberalizing concealed carry law Erika Johnsen 8 hours ago
- McCain: It’s a stain on America’s honor that we haven’t passed amnesty yet Allahpundit 10 hours ago