Is Newt Gringrich waving the white flag? A few recent developments indicate that he may be positioning himself to officially or unofficially concede the GOP nominating contest to Mitt Romney: (1) Yesterday, the frontrunner casually mentioned that he's been in fairly close contact with Gingrich over the last few weeks. He described their interactions as "pretty open eyed" in terms of the delegate landscape. (2) The former Speaker has offered up an unprompted assurance that he'll support Romney if and when he becomes the nominee. (3) Newt is starting to talk about his own presidential run as if...
In response to:
I just saw Rick Warren from the Saddleback Church on cable news. He's concerned about Mitt Romney's (and the LDS Church's) belief that God, Jesus, and the Holy Ghost are literally 3 persons. The Christian belief is 3-in-1 (the Trinity), but the Mormon belief is 3-in-3. There's more than one god. In honor of Mitt and his nomination I think we should all show our support by referring to the 3 Gods as Gods (plural). We believe in 3 Gods.
- Perry: Rand Paul’s position on Iraq is “disheartening … curiously blind” Ed Morrissey 1 hour ago
- Joni Ernst will miss two weeks on the campaign trail… to serve in uniform Jazz Shaw 3 hours ago
- UN Security Council issues non-binding call for cease fire in Gaza Ed Morrissey 4 hours ago
- UAW decides to skip election and form union at VW anyway Jazz Shaw 6 hours ago
- Pelosi’s office retreats on Hobby Lobby “ban” claim Ed Morrissey 7 hours ago
- Solar panel company pocketing govt subsidy cash intended for homeowners Jazz Shaw 9 hours ago