As most of you know, during a football game last week Bob Costas lectured us po’ goofy Americans about the evils of a “gun culture” and how we need to evolve away from being obsessed with firearms. As soon as I heard that drivel roll off Mr. C’s tongue I ordered another 30/06, a sweet Walther PPK and a custom .416 Rigby turnbolt. Cowabunga, Bob. Thanks for reminding me to buy more guns.
In response to:
Every century likes to re-interpret the Bible to its their current lifestyles. Cons like a Jesus that loves weapons. This writer, Doug Giles, even wrote a column a year or two ago portraying Jesus as a free-market capitalist who would have supported the ideas of Milton Friedman were he alive today. When the population is 90% peasants, Jesus is all about giving and ministering to the poor and oppressed. Gay people today in the urban subcultures prefer a Jesus who is in total sympathy with their civil rights movement as cons are with a Jesus who favors small government. We create our own Jesuses. Jesus becomes a sort of Rorschach ink blot test of a given population.
- Quotes of the day Allahpundit 4 hours ago
- Video: Canada’s Sergeant at Arms gets standing ovation after shooting terrorist while wearing tails Mary Katharine Ham 4 hours ago
- Poll: Republican gubernatorial candidate up two points in…Illinois? Mary Katharine Ham 5 hours ago
- Breaking: New Ebola case in NYC Ed Morrissey 5 hours ago
- Obama: Hey Georgia, do me a solid and elect Michelle Nunn Guy Benson 6 hours ago
- FBI warns ISIS trying to kidnap journalists abroad Noah Rothman 6 hours ago