Milwaukee Country Sheriff David A. Clarke Jr. and Milwaukee Mayor Tom Barrett joined Piers Morgan on his show to discuss the sheriff’s radio ad, which urges citizens to consider taking a firearms safety course because “simply calling 911 and waiting is no longer your best option.” Clarke’s point was that with officers laid off and furloughed, police might not be able to respond as quickly as needed. Thus, citizens may want to consider giving themselves another option: learn how to responsibly use a firearm for self-defense. This, of course, doesn’t fly with Morgan, a staunch gun-control advocate, or Mayor...
In response to:
Thomas Jefferson in his writtings about the 2nd Amendment discussed the fact that the citizens should be able to have the same kinds of weapons the government would be using if they came for our guns. What use would the Amendment be if we couldn't use what the government has to use against us, it would be like trying to defend yourself with a flintlock against a M-16, our one shot against their 30 rd. magazine. No one will honestly talk about the reason we would even want a AR-15 with a 30 rd. mag.. It's so we wouldn't be out gunned by those protecting the Capital bldg. as we were going up the steps to get to some leftists office to "remove" him from the government. Not that we want to put 30 rds. into a deer to make sure he's dead.
- Quotes of the day Allahpundit 1 hour ago
- Video: “The Newsroom” final season invites you to relive hackneyed debates of 2013 Mary Katharine Ham 2 hours ago
- Video: First case of Ebola found in the US Ed Morrissey 3 hours ago
- Romney on 2016: “We’ve got a lot of people looking at the race. We’ll see what happens.” Allahpundit 4 hours ago
- NFL apologizes for penalizing player who prayed in end zone Jeff Dunetz 4 hours ago
- Should the next AG be … Republican? Ed Morrissey 5 hours ago