High gasoline prices coupled with 2% payroll tax hikes is going to take a bite out of restaurant sales this year. For some chains the slump has already started.
Consider Darden Restaurants, the owner of Olive Garden, Red Lobster, LongHorn Steak House. Darden Restaurant Traffic is down an average 4.5, with Red Lobster leading the pack down 7.5%.
Smaller Plates, Cheaper Items at Olive Garden
At Olive Garden,
Breaking on TOWNHALL
- Quotes of the day Allahpundit 5 hours ago
- Report: Cruz coloring book selling like crazy Mary Katharine Ham 6 hours ago
- Video: Press corps flips out on Carney over restricted access Mary Katharine Ham 7 hours ago
- Hallelujah: Aversion to the Renewable Fuel Standard seems to be catching on in Congress Erika Johnsen 8 hours ago
- Chaos: HHS “asks” insurers to extend multiple ObamaCare deadlines Allahpundit 8 hours ago
- Congratulations, Barack Obama, on winning PolitiFact’s “Lie of the Year”! Allahpundit 9 hours ago