Actually, I did a quick search for studies/scientific info on the subject of pregnancy from rape, I was astounded to find only two studies (hopefully there are more, locked up in the academic vault available for a price to fund the professors retirement). Most articles that bothered to quote any evidence cited one study...which if you've passed high school general science, is not conclusive evidence to prove anything more than you've conducted a study. It is problematic to study pregnancies as a result of rape: first you have to have a definition of rape, then qualify cases that fit that definition. Where rape is alleged, did in fact a rape occur? How do we know?
Todd Akin’s grossly irresponsible remarks about “legitimate rape” and conception have received much media attention. As well they should. The sheer weirdness of the remarks calls into question both his intelligence and his personal integrity. How could someone conclude logically that a rape victim’s body has the capacity to prevent conception in the wake of sexual assault? And why would someone assert that the conclusion had been supported by doctors with whom he had spoken? Clearly, Akin contrived the idea on the spot and then contrived the claim that there were doctors who had informed and/or supported his assertion. All of...
- Brown ramping up Senate run in New Hampshire: AP Ed Morrissey 41 minutes ago
- Reuters: Radar data suggests that the missing Malaysian jet was flown far off course deliberately Allahpundit 1 hour ago
- Obama: Yeah, a lot of you won’t be able to keep your doctor after all Ed Morrissey 2 hours ago
- WaPo: Four Pinocchios for Dems’ Koch habit Ed Morrissey 2 hours ago
- Russia: We may move into eastern Ukraine to protect ethnic Russians there too Ed Morrissey 3 hours ago
- Has DoJ blocked a corruption probe into Reid, Lee? Ed Morrissey 4 hours ago