Actually, I did a quick search for studies/scientific info on the subject of pregnancy from rape, I was astounded to find only two studies (hopefully there are more, locked up in the academic vault available for a price to fund the professors retirement). Most articles that bothered to quote any evidence cited one study...which if you've passed high school general science, is not conclusive evidence to prove anything more than you've conducted a study. It is problematic to study pregnancies as a result of rape: first you have to have a definition of rape, then qualify cases that fit that definition. Where rape is alleged, did in fact a rape occur? How do we know?
Todd Akin’s grossly irresponsible remarks about “legitimate rape” and conception have received much media attention. As well they should. The sheer weirdness of the remarks calls into question both his intelligence and his personal integrity. How could someone conclude logically that a rape victim’s body has the capacity to prevent conception in the wake of sexual assault? And why would someone assert that the conclusion had been supported by doctors with whom he had spoken? Clearly, Akin contrived the idea on the spot and then contrived the claim that there were doctors who had informed and/or supported his assertion. All of...
- Quotes of the day Allahpundit 3 hours ago
- On notice: Mitch McConnell is ready to “crush” the Tea Party Jazz Shaw 5 hours ago
- Noonan on latest ObamaCare delay: Is there even an ObamaCare law anymore? Erika Johnsen 6 hours ago
- Video: Gates sees defense cuts as showing a lack of seriousness by US Jazz Shaw 8 hours ago
- CPAC: Fred Thompson and Persecuted Ed Morrissey 9 hours ago
- WH: Hey, Obama golfing in Key Largo during this crisis is the same as if he were in DC, only warmer Jazz Shaw 11 hours ago