In an ideal world, Roe v. Wade -- perhaps the most insidious Supreme Court ruling since the infamous Dred Scott decision in 1857 -- would be overturned. And contrary to what most leftists assert, however, this does not necessarily mean that abortion would be universally prohibited and illegal. For example, before Roe became the law of the land in 1973, abortion was permissible in certain states. The legality of abortion, then, should be decided by individuals at the state level -- at least in the short-term -- not by a High Court of un-elected, unaccountable judges in Washington. This would...
- Quotes of the day Allahpundit 8 hours ago
- DeBlasio faces three lawsuits for trying to shut down charter schools Mary Katharine Ham 8 hours ago
- European countries to US: Give us your gas Erika Johnsen 10 hours ago
- Venezuelan protesters digging in for the long haul Erika Johnsen 11 hours ago
- “Walking Dead” grumble thread: Maybe we should talk about “True Detective” instead Allahpundit 12 hours ago
- Finally: Young liberals ready to explain the news to America Allahpundit 12 hours ago