Why? John Brennan, the top counterterrorism adviser in the White House, argues that it is “counterproductive” to describe America’s “enemy as ‘jihadists’ or ‘Islamists’ because jihad is a holy struggle, a legitimate tenet of Islam, meaning to purify oneself or one’s community, and there is nothing holy or legitimate...
Why do you think Salmon Rushdie titled his book "Satanic Verses?" Probably, the majority of people born into Islam have little desire to harm others who might disagree with them, but they are born into a totalitarian system of enslavement to their "religion." Notice, for example, what is happening to the young "moderates" in Egypt whose "revolution" has been hijacked by the Muslim B'hood...which is just a gang of bloody Muslim zealots. My grandchildren asked me what I thought was the difference between Islam and Christianity. I told them: Christians believe that one man died for the sins of all mankind; Muslims believe all mankind must die for the sins of one man.
Google “Islamist” and you’ll get more than 24 million hits. Google “jihadist” and you’ll get millions more. Yet I bet the average American could not tell you what it is that Islamists and jihadists believe. And those at the highest levels of the U.S. government refuse to do so.
- Obama’s new power grab: A climate change treaty without Senate ratification Allahpundit 30 mins ago
- Two legal guests tell CNN their Brown shooting audio might be a hoax Noah Rothman 1 hour ago
- What’s the matter with Kansas? Ed Morrissey 1 hour ago
- Trouble in Paradise: NY Times won’t endorse Andrew Cuomo’s reelection bid Noah Rothman 2 hours ago
- Media curiously silent on “Truthy” Ed Morrissey 3 hours ago
- TEMS Wednesday: Hot Air at the Fair! Ed Morrissey 3 hours ago