Why? John Brennan, the top counterterrorism adviser in the White House, argues that it is “counterproductive” to describe America’s “enemy as ‘jihadists’ or ‘Islamists’ because jihad is a holy struggle, a legitimate tenet of Islam, meaning to purify oneself or one’s community, and there is nothing holy or legitimate...
Why do you think Salmon Rushdie titled his book "Satanic Verses?" Probably, the majority of people born into Islam have little desire to harm others who might disagree with them, but they are born into a totalitarian system of enslavement to their "religion." Notice, for example, what is happening to the young "moderates" in Egypt whose "revolution" has been hijacked by the Muslim B'hood...which is just a gang of bloody Muslim zealots. My grandchildren asked me what I thought was the difference between Islam and Christianity. I told them: Christians believe that one man died for the sins of all mankind; Muslims believe all mankind must die for the sins of one man.
Google “Islamist” and you’ll get more than 24 million hits. Google “jihadist” and you’ll get millions more. Yet I bet the average American could not tell you what it is that Islamists and jihadists believe. And those at the highest levels of the U.S. government refuse to do so.
- Quotes of the day Allahpundit 2 hours ago
- At Ohio State, you may be guilty of sexual assault if… Jazz Shaw 4 hours ago
- Actress Daniele Watts handcuffed for failing to show ID to police Jazz Shaw 5 hours ago
- North Korea sentences U.S. citizen to six years in a labor camp Noah Rothman 7 hours ago
- Poll: Americans have little confidence in Obama’s ISIS ‘strategy’ Noah Rothman 8 hours ago
- NFL Week 2 open thread Ed Morrissey 10 hours ago