Why? John Brennan, the top counterterrorism adviser in the White House, argues that it is “counterproductive” to describe America’s “enemy as ‘jihadists’ or ‘Islamists’ because jihad is a holy struggle, a legitimate tenet of Islam, meaning to purify oneself or one’s community, and there is nothing holy or legitimate...
Why do you think Salmon Rushdie titled his book "Satanic Verses?" Probably, the majority of people born into Islam have little desire to harm others who might disagree with them, but they are born into a totalitarian system of enslavement to their "religion." Notice, for example, what is happening to the young "moderates" in Egypt whose "revolution" has been hijacked by the Muslim B'hood...which is just a gang of bloody Muslim zealots. My grandchildren asked me what I thought was the difference between Islam and Christianity. I told them: Christians believe that one man died for the sins of all mankind; Muslims believe all mankind must die for the sins of one man.
Google “Islamist” and you’ll get more than 24 million hits. Google “jihadist” and you’ll get millions more. Yet I bet the average American could not tell you what it is that Islamists and jihadists believe. And those at the highest levels of the U.S. government refuse to do so.
- New solution to border crisis: Send U.S. officials to Honduras to give kids refugee status? Allahpundit Jul 24, 2014
- Boehner accuses White House of sabotaging Veterans Affairs bill Noah Rothman Jul 24, 2014
- NFL suspends Ray Rice for two games in domestic-assault case Ed Morrissey Jul 24, 2014
- Great news from Hillary: The Russian reset worked Allahpundit Jul 24, 2014
- Thursday TEMS: Duane Patterson, Daniel Garza, Mike McFadden Ed Morrissey Jul 24, 2014
- FEC Chairman sounds alarm to Hot Air: There’s a ‘move afoot to constrict press freedoms’ Noah Rothman Jul 24, 2014