Why? John Brennan, the top counterterrorism adviser in the White House, argues that it is “counterproductive” to describe America’s “enemy as ‘jihadists’ or ‘Islamists’ because jihad is a holy struggle, a legitimate tenet of Islam, meaning to purify oneself or one’s community, and there is nothing holy or legitimate...
Why do you think Salmon Rushdie titled his book "Satanic Verses?" Probably, the majority of people born into Islam have little desire to harm others who might disagree with them, but they are born into a totalitarian system of enslavement to their "religion." Notice, for example, what is happening to the young "moderates" in Egypt whose "revolution" has been hijacked by the Muslim B'hood...which is just a gang of bloody Muslim zealots. My grandchildren asked me what I thought was the difference between Islam and Christianity. I told them: Christians believe that one man died for the sins of all mankind; Muslims believe all mankind must die for the sins of one man.
Google “Islamist” and you’ll get more than 24 million hits. Google “jihadist” and you’ll get millions more. Yet I bet the average American could not tell you what it is that Islamists and jihadists believe. And those at the highest levels of the U.S. government refuse to do so.
- Quotes of the day Allahpundit 3 hours ago
- Former loathsome nanny-state mayor confuses blogger with second awesome move this summer Mary Katharine Ham 4 hours ago
- Video: Army Medal of Honor recipient breaks gavel at New York Stock Exchange Mary Katharine Ham 5 hours ago
- Senate analysis: What does “success” look like for the GOP in 2014? Guy Benson 5 hours ago
- Could a Republican president gut ObamaCare without action from Congress or the Supreme Court? Allahpundit 6 hours ago
- Rubio: Immigration reform won’t happen for another 10 years unless border security comes first Allahpundit 7 hours ago