Why? John Brennan, the top counterterrorism adviser in the White House, argues that it is “counterproductive” to describe America’s “enemy as ‘jihadists’ or ‘Islamists’ because jihad is a holy struggle, a legitimate tenet of Islam, meaning to purify oneself or one’s community, and there is nothing holy or legitimate...
Why do you think Salmon Rushdie titled his book "Satanic Verses?" Probably, the majority of people born into Islam have little desire to harm others who might disagree with them, but they are born into a totalitarian system of enslavement to their "religion." Notice, for example, what is happening to the young "moderates" in Egypt whose "revolution" has been hijacked by the Muslim B'hood...which is just a gang of bloody Muslim zealots. My grandchildren asked me what I thought was the difference between Islam and Christianity. I told them: Christians believe that one man died for the sins of all mankind; Muslims believe all mankind must die for the sins of one man.
Google “Islamist” and you’ll get more than 24 million hits. Google “jihadist” and you’ll get millions more. Yet I bet the average American could not tell you what it is that Islamists and jihadists believe. And those at the highest levels of the U.S. government refuse to do so.
- Poll: Republican voters back immigration reform? Noah Rothman 34 minutes ago
- Contemptible corporate cowardice Noah Rothman 1 hour ago
- Gallup’s clickbait: Obama’s still pretty popular among … Ed Morrissey 2 hours ago
- Why aren’t Boehner and the House suing Obama over immigration? Allahpundit 3 hours ago
- New Economist/YouGov poll shows Hobby Lobby impact on Supreme Court approval Ed Morrissey 3 hours ago