For Romney, Is It Third Time's The Charm?

Whitebeard Wrote: 18 hours ago (12:10 PM)
My hope for America is that all those who are AGAINST its destruction or further Marxification will coalesce around whatever candidate is, similarly, AGAINST the same; and that they will VOTE AGAINST Marxist candidates. I don't suppose every trooper under the command of George Washington agreed with all his political views, but they were UNITED in being AGAINST the British monarch...and so, they followed his lead. If we expect to preserve America as a Constitutional Republic, we need to adopt the same strategy. Have a "capital" Labor day, everybody.

For Romney, Is It Third Time's The Charm?

Whitebeard Wrote: 19 hours ago (11:43 AM)
Dyadd: You might be interested to know that "shaming" (e.g. calling someone stupid) is much more likely to be effective in Japan where it is part of the culture. Not so much here in America.

For Romney, Is It Third Time's The Charm?

Whitebeard Wrote: 19 hours ago (11:35 AM)
Exactly right, H8.

For Romney, Is It Third Time's The Charm?

Whitebeard Wrote: 19 hours ago (11:29 AM)
gw: If you have read my posts, here, I would adopt a slightly different strategy. Instead of calling single women "stupid" for voting for Democrats (really, most of them are voting against Republicans), I would point out how the Democrats are likely to hurt them...have/will hurt them more than the Republicans.

For Romney, Is It Third Time's The Charm?

Whitebeard Wrote: 19 hours ago (11:22 AM)
Thank you, CommonSense, for providing an example to substantiate my point that people are more motivated to vote AGAINST, rather than for a given candidate.

For Romney, Is It Third Time's The Charm?

Whitebeard Wrote: 19 hours ago (11:15 AM)
Anybody see the ad for Townhall magazine in the upper right hand corner of this column? Notice the cover story: The Case AGAINST Common Core. I repeat: Americans...rebels that we are...are more motivated to vote AGAINST something than FOR something. A person who says "I will not vote for a RINO" is really saying: "I'm AGAINST moderates and will do what I can to defeat them...even if that means not voting at all." Why do you think Democrats have been so successful? Their campaign strategy is to paint the Republicans as evil (war on women, racists, etc.), i.e. as something to vote AGAINST. IMO, it won't matter a whole lot who the Republicans nominate if he/she cannot use this basic fact to his/her advantage - i.e. paint the Democrat as much worse, as someone who should be voted AGAINST.

For Romney, Is It Third Time's The Charm?

Whitebeard Wrote: 20 hours ago (10:52 AM)
Political Science 101: People are more motivated to vote against a candidate than for a candidate. In 2008, BHO was somewhat of an exception to this, because he was the first black candidate. Romney lost the 2012 election because Jimmy Carter's grandson (as I recall) taped him saying that "47% of the electorate wouldn't vote for him (because they had their hand out to the gov't)." That is to say, huge numbers of people were motivated to vote against Romney for fear that they would lose something under a Romney Presidency. Of course, that was a lie, but fewer numbers of people were motivated to vote against Obama or for Romney, and I believe that statement was the primary reason.
Time will tell, ava; time will tell.
Without support from the Marxist Media, BHO's support would be less than 10%.