A new Gallup/USA Today poll contains a counterintuitive finding: the age group most receptive to House Budget Chair Paul Ryan's plan to deal with the budget - seniors. The poll finds 48 percent of seniors (those 65 and over) support Ryan's plan over President Obama's plan, while 42 percent back the president. That's the highest total among the age groups tested - a...
Registered voters aged 65 to 74 are only 12 percent of all Americans, and how many of them are registered Democrats who will only vote Democrat? Old people don't change easily, and the "throwing granny over the cliff" stigma Ryan has does not help. Please, if we are to win, focus on growing the economy and jobs, and get off riding the third rail. I can see answering to questions about it, but riding on it? Come on. Give it a rest.
- Texas jury finds dad not guilty in mysterious shooting of drunk driver who killed his two sons Allahpundit 47 mins ago
- Unidentified senator to Kirsten Gillibrand: “Don’t lose too much weight now. I like my girls chubby.” Allahpundit 1 hour ago
- Liberal magazine cautions journalists WH playing them with shutdown fears, is ignored Noah Rothman 2 hours ago
- Awful: Nine-year-old girl accidentally shoots instructor with Uzi Allahpundit 2 hours ago
- Poll: Walker’s lead grows with registered voters…but he trails among likely voters? Guy Benson 3 hours ago
- CBO revises estimate, warns U.S. economic growth will underwhelm in 2014 Noah Rothman 4 hours ago