President Bush 41 epitomized these betrayals when he broke his "read my lips, no new taxes" pledge. He paid the price when he quickly went from high approval ratings as president to someone defeated for reelection by a...
Reminiscent of McCain, who did little or nothing to stop Obama.
Betrayal is hard to take, whether in our personal lives or in the political life of the nation. Yet there are people in Washington -- too often, Republicans -- who start living in the Beltway atmosphere, and start forgetting those hundreds of millions of Americans beyond the Beltway who trusted them to do right by them, to use their wisdom instead of their cleverness.
- Quotes of the day Allahpundit 9 hours ago
- WMD in Iraq a rather nuanced issue Ed Morrissey 10 hours ago
- Perry: Rand Paul’s position on Iraq is “disheartening … curiously blind” Ed Morrissey 12 hours ago
- Joni Ernst will miss two weeks on the campaign trail… to serve in uniform Jazz Shaw 13 hours ago
- UN Security Council issues non-binding call for cease fire in Gaza Ed Morrissey 15 hours ago
- UAW decides to skip election and form union at VW anyway Jazz Shaw 16 hours ago