A few days after the election of 2012 the very talented Michael Ramirez published a political cartoon that perhaps conveyed a more profound meaning than he anticipated. He depicted a pair of hands extending from star-studded sleeves (presumably from a mendicant Uncle Sam), which were held in supplication, as though waiting for a handout or petitioning voters to relinquish more of their earnings to the federal government. There’s another way of interpreting this image, however; the hands appeared not only pathetic and a bit contemptible, but also aged and withered, as though belonging to an old man. In which case,...
DPM: I don't justify nor condone Petraeus lying. A lie is a lie! However, it appears to me that a thug administration took advantage of Petraeus' personal failings to pressure him into that lie. His lie was needed in defense of a regime that exists solely on the lies they perpetuate. Truth rarely comes from the lips of Barack Obama or anyone in his administration.
- Zuckerberg: U.S. government is a threat to the Internet Mary Katharine Ham 18 minutes ago
- Kerry: I’m approaching the Keystone XL pipeline with a totally blank slate Erika Johnsen 59 minutes ago
- WSJ/NBC poll: Americans now think sugar is a bigger health threat than marijuana Allahpundit 2 hours ago
- Video: Former Republican governor of California invites you to crush things in his tank Allahpundit 3 hours ago
- Markey: Natural gas exports, grow the economy? Pish tosh! Erika Johnsen 3 hours ago