A few days after the election of 2012 the very talented Michael Ramirez published a political cartoon that perhaps conveyed a more profound meaning than he anticipated. He depicted a pair of hands extending from star-studded sleeves (presumably from a mendicant Uncle Sam), which were held in supplication, as though waiting for a handout or petitioning voters to relinquish more of their earnings to the federal government. There’s another way of interpreting this image, however; the hands appeared not only pathetic and a bit contemptible, but also aged and withered, as though belonging to an old man. In which case,...
DPM: I don't justify nor condone Petraeus lying. A lie is a lie! However, it appears to me that a thug administration took advantage of Petraeus' personal failings to pressure him into that lie. His lie was needed in defense of a regime that exists solely on the lies they perpetuate. Truth rarely comes from the lips of Barack Obama or anyone in his administration.
- Quotes of the day Allahpundit 16 mins ago
- Last straw: ObamaCare now ruining baseball Mary Katharine Ham 57 mins ago
- US reconfirms policy of not paying ransoms to terrorists for abducted Americans Ed Morrissey 1 hour ago
- Jake Tapper: Getting a conviction against Darren Wilson could be an ‘uphill battle’ Noah Rothman 2 hours ago
- NYT poll: 65% of whites, 80% of blacks say police shouldn’t have military-style weapons Allahpundit 2 hours ago
- In effort to shield Obama from criticism on ISIS, White House makes everything worse Noah Rothman 3 hours ago