A few days after the election of 2012 the very talented Michael Ramirez published a political cartoon that perhaps conveyed a more profound meaning than he anticipated. He depicted a pair of hands extending from star-studded sleeves (presumably from a mendicant Uncle Sam), which were held in supplication, as though waiting for a handout or petitioning voters to relinquish more of their earnings to the federal government. There’s another way of interpreting this image, however; the hands appeared not only pathetic and a bit contemptible, but also aged and withered, as though belonging to an old man. In which case,...
DPM: I don't justify nor condone Petraeus lying. A lie is a lie! However, it appears to me that a thug administration took advantage of Petraeus' personal failings to pressure him into that lie. His lie was needed in defense of a regime that exists solely on the lies they perpetuate. Truth rarely comes from the lips of Barack Obama or anyone in his administration.
- Next co-host of “The View”: Meghan McCain? Allahpundit 3 hours ago
- ObamaCare premiums in MN heading for double-digit increases? Ed Morrissey 3 hours ago
- Finally: Obama nominated for his first Emmy Allahpundit 4 hours ago
- IRS employee suspended for urging taxpayers to ‘reelect President Obama’ Noah Rothman 5 hours ago
- TEMS Thursday: Duane Patterson, Shannon Goessling, Kurt Schlichter Ed Morrissey 5 hours ago
- Video: Unhinged pro-abortion protester knows little about human biology … or criminal law Ed Morrissey 5 hours ago