A few days after the election of 2012 the very talented Michael Ramirez published a political cartoon that perhaps conveyed a more profound meaning than he anticipated. He depicted a pair of hands extending from star-studded sleeves (presumably from a mendicant Uncle Sam), which were held in supplication, as though waiting for a handout or petitioning voters to relinquish more of their earnings to the federal government. There’s another way of interpreting this image, however; the hands appeared not only pathetic and a bit contemptible, but also aged and withered, as though belonging to an old man. In which case,...
DPM: I don't justify nor condone Petraeus lying. A lie is a lie! However, it appears to me that a thug administration took advantage of Petraeus' personal failings to pressure him into that lie. His lie was needed in defense of a regime that exists solely on the lies they perpetuate. Truth rarely comes from the lips of Barack Obama or anyone in his administration.
- Fatah, Hamas announce reconciliation pact, new elections Ed Morrissey 12 minutes ago
- Just a reminder: Lindsey Graham’s probably going to get reelected Allahpundit 52 minutes ago
- Tom Steyer: I am absolutely nothing at all like the Koch brothers Erika Johnsen 1 hour ago
- Video: AFP launches ObamaCare attacks on four vulnerable Senate Dems Ed Morrissey 2 hours ago
- DoJ guidelines on Obama drug-war clemency: 10 years in prison minimum Ed Morrissey 2 hours ago
- Rand Paul on abortion: “We’re not changing any of the laws until the country is persuaded otherwise” Allahpundit 3 hours ago