A few days after the election of 2012 the very talented Michael Ramirez published a political cartoon that perhaps conveyed a more profound meaning than he anticipated. He depicted a pair of hands extending from star-studded sleeves (presumably from a mendicant Uncle Sam), which were held in supplication, as though waiting for a handout or petitioning voters to relinquish more of their earnings to the federal government. There’s another way of interpreting this image, however; the hands appeared not only pathetic and a bit contemptible, but also aged and withered, as though belonging to an old man. In which case,...
Someday, in the graveyard of dead nations a marker may likely read: Here Lies the United States of America 1776 - 2016 Born in Liberty, Died in Tyranny
- Joe Biden 2012: Can you believe Mitt Romney wants to hit Syria? Allahpundit 11 mins ago
- Rally point: Should Obama start talking about combat forces now? Ed Morrissey 50 mins ago
- International community concerned America violating international law by striking Syria? Noah Rothman 1 hour ago
- NYT: On second thought, Bush did pull together a coalition on Iraq Ed Morrissey 2 hours ago
- U.S. had Assad’s cooperation during strikes on targets in Syria Noah Rothman 3 hours ago