A few days after the election of 2012 the very talented Michael Ramirez published a political cartoon that perhaps conveyed a more profound meaning than he anticipated. He depicted a pair of hands extending from star-studded sleeves (presumably from a mendicant Uncle Sam), which were held in supplication, as though waiting for a handout or petitioning voters to relinquish more of their earnings to the federal government. There’s another way of interpreting this image, however; the hands appeared not only pathetic and a bit contemptible, but also aged and withered, as though belonging to an old man. In which case,...
Fool trolls like Stupid Mick feign mockery at our legitimate concerns. The truth be known, they actually WANT the decline that is occuring. That is the gist of their perverted ideology. While some banks and auto companies are "too big to fail", they don't apply that reasoning to our nation as a whole.
- Obama not grasping the seriousness of the Foley murder, says … Chris Matthews? Ed Morrissey 11 mins ago
- Decision to release details of failed raid to free James Foley backfires on White House Noah Rothman 52 mins ago
- Philadelphia mayor prepares to fund Russian mob with new cigarette tax Jazz Shaw 1 hour ago
- Quotes of the day Allahpundit 11 hours ago
- Yep: MSNBC would react quite differently if Tea Partiers threw rocks at them Mary Katharine Ham 11 hours ago
- Finally: George W. Bush takes the ALS Ice Bucket challenge Allahpundit 12 hours ago