President Obama rehashed many familiar themes this evening, calling on Congress to act on a host of issues -- and vowing to take unilateral executive action if they fail to sufficiently address his priorities. A few passages were newsworthy: Obama denounced the looming sequester cuts, voiced support for "modest" Medicare reforms, called for another stimulus, resurrected cap and trade, pushed comprehensive immigration reform, backed a national hike in the minimum wage, announced another major troop draw-down in Afghanistan, and insisted that Congress allow up-or-down votes on a series of gun control measures. As is his habit, the president was...
Where liberals are concerned, the spoken word is under no obligation to align with truth and reality. Barack Obama is the greatest practitioner of this philosophy our nation has ever known. And we are in big trouble because of it.
- New Economist/YouGov poll shows Hobby Lobby impact on Supreme Court approval Ed Morrissey 33 minutes ago
- Liberal columnist calls out the ‘secret war on black Republicans’ Noah Rothman 1 hour ago
- Immigration advocates mad that feds might let young illegals choose deportation voluntarily Allahpundit 1 hour ago
- Kurds seize two oil fields, pull out of Iraqi government Ed Morrissey 2 hours ago
- Great news: VA overpaying misclassified workers by millions … and can’t fix it Ed Morrissey 3 hours ago
- Obama aims to keep Democrats happy while he coasts to 2016 Noah Rothman 3 hours ago