President Obama rehashed many familiar themes this evening, calling on Congress to act on a host of issues -- and vowing to take unilateral executive action if they fail to sufficiently address his priorities. A few passages were newsworthy: Obama denounced the looming sequester cuts, voiced support for "modest" Medicare reforms, called for another stimulus, resurrected cap and trade, pushed comprehensive immigration reform, backed a national hike in the minimum wage, announced another major troop draw-down in Afghanistan, and insisted that Congress allow up-or-down votes on a series of gun control measures. As is his habit, the president was...
Fidel and Hugo are probably quite proud too.
- Ed Henry goes there: Why is Obama fundraising after admitting he has no ISIS strategy? Noah Rothman 49 mins ago
- Change: Obama set to delay executive amnesty until after the midterms? Allahpundit 1 hour ago
- End of an era: Chelsea Clinton leaves NBC Ed Morrissey 2 hours ago
- Inside the collapse of Obama’s Syria ‘strategy’ Noah Rothman 2 hours ago
- Politico, WaPo, ABC: This “no strategy” comment will do serious damage Ed Morrissey 3 hours ago
- How many times does Josh Earnest have to say ‘strategy’ before you forget yesterday? Noah Rothman 4 hours ago