President Obama rehashed many familiar themes this evening, calling on Congress to act on a host of issues -- and vowing to take unilateral executive action if they fail to sufficiently address his priorities. A few passages were newsworthy: Obama denounced the looming sequester cuts, voiced support for "modest" Medicare reforms, called for another stimulus, resurrected cap and trade, pushed comprehensive immigration reform, backed a national hike in the minimum wage, announced another major troop draw-down in Afghanistan, and insisted that Congress allow up-or-down votes on a series of gun control measures. As is his habit, the president was...
Fidel and Hugo are probably quite proud too.
- Quotes of the day Allahpundit 1 hour ago
- Enjoy Sec. Donald Rumsfeld’s Tax Day letter to the IRS Mary Katharine Ham 2 hours ago
- Is the wind lobby’s most precious subsidy finally losing steam in Congress? Erika Johnsen 3 hours ago
- “Russia has not invaded Ukraine,” and other great moments in Russian propaganda Erika Johnsen 3 hours ago
- Video: Trump to buy the Buffalo Bills? Ed Morrissey 4 hours ago
- Rand Paul: Let’s get this straight — I’m not for containing Iran Allahpundit 5 hours ago