Before the September 11th attack on the US Consulate in Benghazi, which left four Americans dead, there were more than 230 security incidents between June 2011 and July 2012. After the October 2011 rebellion that overthrew Qaddafi, which ended his four-decade long authoritarian rule over the country, Libya became a security vacuum -- a problem “much bigger than a few rogue militants" and one that Amb. Stevens discussed in his personal journal found at the site. In it he talked about the security threats in the country - particularly in Benghazi - and the rise of Islamic extremism, the...
Off topic----I just saw the SNL skit about the debate, and was disappointed with it. The first couple minutes seemed like it would run true to form--i.e. derive the REAL humor from the contrast between the two men---Biden's smiling and interrrupting frenzy with Ryan's buttoned-down earnestness. Instead it devolved into making as much (or more) of a caricature of Ryan and actually trying to get laughs out of Biden's "machoness" that got approving applause from the audience. The truth exaggerated would have been so much funnier than what SNL churned up here. Maybe that's just my opinion.....
- Quotes of the day Allahpundit 7 hours ago
- On notice: Mitch McConnell is ready to “crush” the Tea Party Jazz Shaw 9 hours ago
- Noonan on latest ObamaCare delay: Is there even an ObamaCare law anymore? Erika Johnsen 10 hours ago
- Video: Gates sees defense cuts as showing a lack of seriousness by US Jazz Shaw 12 hours ago
- CPAC: Fred Thompson and Persecuted Ed Morrissey 13 hours ago
- WH: Hey, Obama golfing in Key Largo during this crisis is the same as if he were in DC, only warmer Jazz Shaw 15 hours ago