For the first time in Gallup trends since 2000, a majority of Americans say it is not the federal government's responsibility to make sure all Americans have healthcare coverage. Prior to 2009, a majority always felt the government should ensure healthcare coverage for all, though Americans' views have become more divided in recent years...Republicans, including Republican-leaning independents, are mostly responsible for the drop since 2007 in Americans' support for government...
In response to:
All these polls showing that individual Obama's ideas are rejected are accurate, but what does it mean? He still got re-elected. He passes out the candy and everyone will vote for the candy man. Not enough people understand that the candy will run out if Obama keeps getting his way on economic policy. I fear that we will have to ACTUALLY run out of candy before these dolts get a clue. Then the rioting begins..........
- Democratic Colorado governor exalts Obama’s pool game, is not helping Noah Rothman 32 minutes ago
- Begich: Hey, I’m a thorn in Obama’s … whatever Ed Morrissey 1 hour ago
- Josh Earnest: We’re the most transparent administration ever, no matter what journalists say Ed Morrissey 1 hour ago
- Paul vs. Perry, Round 2: Rand says Rick is ‘stuck in the past’ Noah Rothman 2 hours ago
- Israel shoots down Hamas drone as escalation continues Ed Morrissey 3 hours ago
- Quotes of the day Allahpundit 15 hours ago