Later this morning, House Budget Committee Chairman Rep. Paul Ryan will formally reveal his party's fiscal blueprint for FY 2014. The new "Path to Prosperity" will achieve balance by 2023, with annual deficits dipping below $100 billion seven times over the next decade. It does not raise taxes. It offers specific reforms to reduce and control unsustainable healthcare spending while saving important safety net programs from insolvency. And it reduces deficits by $4.6 trillion over the next ten years (compared to the current trajectory) without relying on misleading gimmicks. Based on Ryan's appearance on Fox News Sunday...
In response to:
Any chance of our country ever getting on sound economic footing depends on Obamacare going away. It ALREADY is costing three times more than Obama promised, and healthcare will be drastically reduced. This NEEDS to be discussed, and the Repubs must aggressively pursue this, no matter how difficult the task. The future of our grandchildren depends on this.
- Quotes of the day Allahpundit 11 hours ago
- Video: Sharyl Attkisson wants to know where the illegal immigrant children have gone Jazz Shaw 13 hours ago
- Video: Cruz presser at AFP summit Ed Morrissey 14 hours ago
- Video: Pete Hegseth on VA scandal, ISIS threat at AFP’s Defending the Dream summit Ed Morrissey 16 hours ago
- California Dem moves to outlaw some civilian body armor Jazz Shaw 17 hours ago
- Don’t count Rob Ford out just yet Jazz Shaw 19 hours ago